You are here
Borderlands Consortium - Alternative Certification
The Alternative Path to Secondary Certification provides individuals the opportunity to begin teaching while pursuing teacher certification and Masters degree. In this two-year professional program, teacher candidates meet certification requirements and earn a M.Ed. in secondary education while they teach in middle schools and high schools.
- Participation in a two year, beginning teacher, mentoring program.
- On-going formative and summative evaluations for reflection and growth.
- Employment as a full-time teacher of record.
- Content qualified designation through passing score on the Arizona Certification Subject Knowledge exam.
- Receipt of full Structured English Immersion Endorsement upon graduation.
- Upon successful completion of the M.Ed. Program, receipt of an Institutional Recommendation (IR) that streamlines the certification process.
The Alternative Certification course rotation.
For Additional Information:
Contact Ali Van Gorp, Graduate Coordinator