You are here
1885: The University is Founded
It was in 1885 that the Thirteenth Territorial Legislature founded The University of Arizona with an appropriation of $25,000Read More
1964: Expansion into Southern Arizona
Course and program offerings date to a time before the establishment of Cochise Community College in Douglas in 1964.
1984: Technology Connects
In fall 1984, Fort Huachuca was electronically connected to classrooms on the Tucson Campus via a direct microwave transmissionRead More
1988: Services Grow
The Sierra Vista Program Center was made an official Off-Campus Center by the Arizona Board of Regents beginning fall 1988.
1995: Officially a Branch Campus
On March 9, 1995, the Arizona Board of Regents voted unanimously to designate the Sierra Vista Campus as an official branch campus
1999: A New Name & Building
Several important developments occurred in 1999. In April, the Arizona Board of Regents approved a new name
2002: Partnerships Flourish
In the fall of 2002, UA South began a new partnership with the East Campus of Pima Community College and the Vail School District.
2003: Focussing on Regional Needs
During the summer of 2003 UA South’s faculty received authority from the Arizona Board of Regents to develop and implement curriculum and degree programs
Today: The Mission Continues
UA South is the University of Arizona’s branch campus and college headquartered in Sierra Vista with multiple locations throughout southern Arizona.