You are here
Computer Accounts & Access
UA South Technology Services offers computer services and support for UA South Students in coordination with University Information Technology Services, with the aim of facilitating the educational process. Our main office is located on the Sierra Vista campus, Academic Technology Building A, Room 137. Below are some services available to UA South students.
UA South maintains computer labs at most locations, providing the use of computers for students. In Sierra Vista, computers are located in the Learning Resource Center in the Academic Technology Building. In Douglas, computers are located in the lobby of the UA South offices in Building 700 on the campus of Cochise College. Computers are also provided in Santa Cruz County. Computer usage is without charge, and only available during campus business hours.
Logging InIn most UA South computer labs and classroom, students may log in using their University of Arizona NetID and password.
UAWiFi s the University of Arizona campus primary, secure 802.11a/b/g wireless network, covering more than seven million square feet of indoor and outdoor space, including all UA South locations. Students, faculty, and staff may log in to UAWiFi using their NetID and passowrd. Additionally, a public WiFi network is available, known by the SSID of "UAPublic." This network may be accessed without logging in, however you must open a browser window and accept the terms of service each time your computer or other device connects. More information about UAWiFi and UAPublic may be found at the Wireless Data Connectivity page.
UAGuest is a FREE unsecured wireless network provided for campus visitors and requires authentication with a user name and password. Campus visitors can select UAGuest from the wireless options on their device, and establish an account valid for five (5) days by entering their name and cell phone number. After five (5) days, guests will need to establish a new account. UAGuest and UAPublic wireless networks will remain available until May 22, 2016, at which time UAGuest will replace UAPublic.
- Select UAGuest from the wireless options on your device.
- Open a web browser if one does not automatically open for you.
- The Welcome UAGuest webpage will appear.
- To create an account, click on “Create Account” at the bottom of the webpage.
- Enter your name and cell phone number (use hyphens ex. XXX-XXX-XXXX).
- You will receive a text message containing your assigned username and password.
- Go back to your UAGuest Welcome page and enter your assigned username and password.
- Read the Acceptable Use Policy and click “Accept.”