You are here
Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)
The purpose of the WUE program is to increase the geographical diversity of students in Arizona's colleges and universities, strengthen the support for the development of academic programs, and offer Arizona residents the opportunity to study at participating institutions in other states including universities.
The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is a program of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). Students who are residents of WICHE states may enroll at participating two- and four-year college programs outside of their home state at a reduced tuition rate, including UA South. WUE students will pay 150% of the resident tuition, plus any fees that all UA South students are required to pay. Students do not need to demonstrate financial need to receive the WUE tuition benefit. Qualified transfer students are required to have junior level standing.
WICHE participating states and territories are Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Guam, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands. Students from these states/territories may apply to UA South to be considered for admission as WUE students.
UA South accepts qualified WUE students into all undergraduate majors offered at any UA South campus. Students must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA to be considered. For more information on admission, please visit UA South Admissions.
A UA South WUE applicant must:
- Be a transfer student with Junior standing
- Be a legal resident of a participating state or territory: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Guam, or the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands.
- Have been accepted to The University of Arizona South
- Be a full-time student at The University of Arizona South (minimum 12 units per semester)
- Reapply for WUE status each academic year.
- Please consult your advisor for complete transfer coursework.