You are here
MIlitary Scholarship Terms and Conditions
Please Read and Understand
Scholarship awards will vary depending on number of units enrolled (min: 3 – max: 6) and availability of funds.
Students who meet the Scholarship’s eligibility criteria will continue to be able to receive it until graduation providing the availability of funds.
The UA South/University South Foundation Military Scholarship is a tuition scholarship offered to Active Duty Service members (all branches) attending UA South undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Eligible candidates must:
- Be admitted and enrolled in, at least three (3) or six (6) UA South units, when scholarship application is submitted.
- Have a minimum 2.0 GPA at admission and maintains this GPA while receiving the scholarship.
- Be an AZ Resident for tuition purposes.
Availability Depending on the availability of funds, students must continuously enroll in the Fall/Spring semesters with the exception of approved military leave of absence. Students must meet the selection and eligibility criteria each semester. This award is not available for use in UA Online programs.
Application A completed Military Scholarship Application for Fall 2017 serves as the application for this award.
Deadline Two weeks before the start of the semester: August 7, 2017
- Admitted to UA South as a Degree Seeking Student.
- Be an active duty service member in any branch of the United States Military.
- Have an approved DoD Tuition Assistance Authorization for the semester requesting the Scholarship.
- Students must be enrolled in three (3) or six (6) UA South undergraduate or graduate units.
- Be considered an Arizona resident for tuition purposes.
- The award must be used beginning in the Fall semester.
Students must meet the renewal requirements by the end of the semester (fall, spring) in order to receive the scholarship for the next semester.
- GPA: 2.00 cumulative University of Arizona grade point average. Note that your UA GPA is not rounded or recalculated for scholarship purposes.
- Minimum: 3*; Maximum 6* each semester (fall/spring). *Students must enroll in the same number of units during each semester (fall, spring).
- Maintain a minimum of 2.0 GPA at the end of each while receiving the Scholarship.
- Students not meeting renewal criteria by the end of each semester will have to re-apply and go through the selection process.
Multiple Awards and Tuition Programs
This award cannot be combined with other tuition-based awards.
The Scholarship is for students admitted with an AZ residency classification (for tuition purposes) ONLY. While receiving this scholarship the student's residency changes and the student still qualifies for renewal, the student will be reevaluated based the number of applications received and the available funds.
How the award is applied
- The Scholarship award will disburse to the student's UA bursar account approximately 2-3 weeks after the beginning of classes. Your Bursar Accounts will not accrue any late fees.
- The award will be applied to UA undergraduate/graduate tuition and mandatory fees charged through the UA Bursar's Office. The Scholarship DOES NOT include program fees, surcharges, differential tuition, room and board, books or other expenses.
- If your program does not charge tuition through the Bursar Account, you are ineligible to use this award toward your tuition charges.
- The total award amount will be determined based on the number of units enrolled in the semester (at least 1 but not more than 6) and the availability of funds.
Students failing to meet the renewal criteria by the end of each semester (fall. spring) may be eligible for reinstatement in the fall by submitting a new scholarship application and meeting the eligibility criteria.
Deferments will not be accepted nor granted without an approved UA Military Leave of Absence form.
If a student drops to zero units, he/she forfeits the scholarship eligibility for the entire academic year (fall/spring semesters). Student will have to reapply, meet the eligibility and selection criteria.
"GI Bill®" is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. Government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill