You are here
Educational Technology - Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology
The Graduate Certificate in the Instructional Design and Technology program is offered fully online to meet the needs of educators who like to utilize and integrate educational technology, including emerging technologies in schools and classrooms. This program is also to prepare technology facilitators and leaders, an increasingly important mission for educational technology programs. Participants of this program will improve their knowledge and skills in the use and integration of technology in various educational settings. More specifically at the end of this certificate program, participants will:
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of technology operations and concepts,
- Plan, design, and model effective learning environments and multiple experiences supported by technology,
- Apply and implement curriculum plans that include methods and strategies for utilizing technology to maximize student learning,
- Apply technology to facilitate a variety of effective assessment and evaluation strategies,
- Apply technology to enhance and improve personal productivity and professional practice,
- Understand the social, ethical, legal, and human issues surrounding the use of technology in educational settings,
- Promote the development and implementation of technology infrastructure, procedures, policies, plans, and budgets for PK-20 schools, and
- Contribute to the shared vision for campus integration of technology and, foster an environment and culture conducive to the realization of the vision.
This program requires 15 credit/units and students can choose any 5 courses from the Master's program offerings (these units might be transferred towards MS. in Educational Technology Program).