You are here
The Master of Science in Educational Technology degree prepares students for a variety of careers in industries such as Technology Trainer, School/District Technology Coordinator, Instructional Designer for the corporate sector, Training and Development Specialist for the military, and more. Students focus on the instructional and technological aspects of computer technology to design, create, present and evaluate instructional and training content for K-12 schools as well as the military and corporate sector. The focus of this fully online program is on creative integration of graphics, animation, video, audio, text, and interactivity for educational and training settings based on principles of instructional design.
Graduates of our program:
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of technology operations and concepts.
- Plan, design, and model effective learning environments and multiple experiences supported by technology.
- Apply and implement curriculum or training plans that include methods and strategies for utilizing technology to maximize student or trainee learning.
- Apply technology to facilitate a variety of effective assessment and evaluation strategies.
- Apply technology to enhance and improve personal productivity and professional practice.
- Understand the social, ethical, legal and human issues surrounding the use of technology in schools, military and corporate settings, and assist instructors in applying that understanding in their practice.
- Promote the development and implementation of technology infrastructure, procedures, policies, plans, and budgets for schools, military and corporate business.
- Contribute to the shared vision for campus integration of technology and foster an environment and culture conducive to the realization of that vision.
Because the M.S. in Education Technology has specific entrance and degree requirements you should meet with an academic advisor to ensure that you have met the following requirements:
- A completed bachelor's degree (in the last 60 credit hours) or master's program from an accredited institution with an overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A completed application form, along with copies of all official undergraduate and graduate transcripts and payment of Graduation College application fees.
- Three letters of recommendation dated within six months of the date of application and written by professionals who are in a position to address the applicant's ability to succeed at the graduate level.
- A completed student information form that includes a brief statement of long-range professional goals and a 500-word summary on a topic relating to educational technology.
Please contact Administrative Associate Carol Lehman if you have any questions or if you are interested in learning more about this program, or, if you are interested in sitting down with an academic advisor to assist you in applying to this program, please contact Academic Advisor Raina O'Brien.
The program offers the following degrees and certificates. Click/touch on the appropriate link below for the requirements for each.